Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog versus e-psychic: A race to the bottom

Let's take a look back at one of my recent posts.  Actually, you know what?  You take a look.  I've already seen it.

Now take a look at this.

It's time to revisit that age-old question:  which is a better prognosticator, onlinepsychic.com or a groundhog?

Onlinepsychic.com, my e-psychic, predicted that between January 27 and 30, I would win a $7,500 grant from the Massachusetts Cultural Council.  Early this morning, February 2nd, I found this in my inbox:

"Thank you for applying to the 2011 Artist Fellowships Program of the Massachusetts Cultural Council. While we regret to say that your work was not recommended for funding, we want you to know your investment of time, energy, and vision in creating new art in the commonwealth is deeply appreciated."   

(. . . while you slowly freeze to death in your little artist hole . . . )

You can peruse the artists who will have appreciable heat this season here.  Suffice to say that the rich get richer. 

The groundhog, in the meantime, predicts an early spring.  Is this some kind of tag-team practical joke?

Okay, psychics of all species.  What's the deal?  Are you doing this on purpose?  Either get your act together, or else point me the way to a mammal (or e-mammal) with a clue.  And maybe a space-heater.

No comments:

Post a Comment