Monday, December 19, 2011

The Year in "Review"

December.  It's the time of year when we all slow our rushed lives to a bearable speed and reflect on the important questions.  Are we happy?  Are we just going through the motions?  Are we behaving in a manner consistent with our own sense of ethics?  And the most important thought on everyone's mind . . .

How has Cambridge Street fared in its first six weeks of existence?  The answer:  not bad, patriots.

Check out its first review in a legitimate e-publication.  And if you don't make time in your life to read things online (ironic, that), here are some of its 7 amazon reviews, 5 of which are 5-star. 

"I gobbled this book up. The story is good, but it's the narrative voice that's so compelling. I loved being privy to the world of Andrew Lawrence. Next book, please!"

"This is a must read! The main character, Andrew, brings you along on a wonderful experience, sharing a quite a poignant story and keeping you engaged in his thought process. The author's approach to writing is deceptively simple, allowing him to capture the mind of a child and giving you no choice but to care for Andrew as if he lives right next door."

"I think I have a new friend. Manship's novel "Cambridge Street" accomplished something fantastic, with narration that somehow manages to be beautiful, brutal, lyrical and eccentric. While I normally do not lean toward comparisons of narrative style, I can't help but feel like Manships' book is the peculiar but wonderful love child of "Catcher in the Rye" and "The Perks of Being a Wallflower." He makes you feel like you are reading strait from a beat up spiral notebook, like maybe what you are reading is a little to private, like you can feel the narrator taking in breath, shuffling his feet, and you just can't seem to be able to stop listening The story is raw and real, and blends together issues of class, the many definitions of love, and the crass reality of being young. I can't believe it's over and can't wait to see what this author delivers next."

If you like those, you should see what the people who know me wrote.  Zing!

Now, if you'll pardon me, I have to go ponder my own important life questions.  Am I happy?  Am I just going through the motions?  Am I now only using my blog as a shameless marketing tool for my first novel, WHICH IS AVAILABLE HERE!!!  ?

Yes.  Yes, I am.

. . .

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment