Friday, August 5, 2011

Biding My Time Shooting Firemen

Where am I?  On one hand, I'm probably in heaven. 

In Chicago, there's great theater and film and people.  There's 24-hour public transportation.  There's a dog beach (several, I'm told).  Not only that, but I've been here only a month (exactly), and I'm already shaking hands with some of the companies that drew me here.  I've even done a little paying acting and writing work.

I have a hit show in Boston.  I have a novel that's basically finished and another book in the works.  I haven't lost all my hair yet.  What more could I ask for?

On the other hand, I might be in hell.  I mean, it sure is hot here. 


And no matter what I do to put out the fire, it just RAGES.


That was weird.   And awesome

Still, there are too many good things happening for me to be in hell.  I guess that, just like with my opinion on breast augmentation,  I'm right in the middle.*

I'm in purgatory.

Last week, I auditioned for the Second City conservatory, then to be a tour guide for Chicago Chocolate Tours.  Today, I had a meeting with my fantastic "T" colleagues about what happens next with the hit show.  None of these things have yet resolved.  No word yet.  We'll get back to you.  Wait a week.

Looking ahead to this Sunday, I'm going to do my first solo shift at the Neo-Futurarium. (I think I get maybe a t-shirt.)    Next Thursday is our "graduation" show celebrating the end of the iO Summer Intensive.  I'm also going to do some more in-depth volunteer work for Barrel of Monkeys later in August.  (I think I get an itsy-bitsy stipend.)

I'm almost finally done / newly involved in so many things.  But where am I now?

I'm not sure.  I guess while I wait to figure it out, I'll put on a suit and shoot people I've barely met in the nipples with a spray bottle while they dance in front of me in red brief underwear.

Yeah.  Okay.  That'll get me through the week. 


*Seriously.  I can see both sides.  On one hand, it's an awful, shallow, dangerous procedure.  On the other hand . . . boobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment