Friday, March 2, 2012

Bad Work

For you Chicago-based "like"-rs who came to see A Crowded House, you've seen me at my best.  For those who have seen me in anything else I've done here, you've seen me at my worst.  My very worst. Why is it that bad things find me and I find bad things?

Well, it's happened again.  I barely had a chance to muse (loudly and in front of a local director), "What comes next?  I'm not acting in anything!" when the gates of bad work opened to me once again.  What kind of bad work?  I'm talking Dynasty.  I'm talking Beverly Hills: 90210.  (I'll be playing Steve.  It's too bad I trimmed my curly locks in a fit of insanity.)   I'm talking real shit television, performed as a series of staged readings in front of a masochistic audience.  If that's not what the stage was made for, then I don't know what to do with my life.*

The show is produced by A Reasonable Facsimile Theatre Company and will take place above Hamburger Mary's in Andersonville on Tuesday night, March 20.  Note to the Academy:  Sure, The Descendants was fine, and The Artist probably deserved some awards.  But this . . . this . . . this, you should probably disregard entirely. 

------

* I don't know what to do with my life regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment