Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Toe Part Taux: Pro Toe

Well, that got things moving.  No sooner had I declared myself an inspiration and even an omen when someone else made a declaration of his own.  The toe returns!  (Or rather, it doesn't return.)

The purpose of this blog has nothing to do with college basketball. (You may be beginning to wonder about that.)  Relevant, however, is my personal disappointment at someone more important than me's success.  Yet another human being has passed into the upper echelon while I look up from among the soon-to-be's.

I won't let this pass unanswered.  (Lucky for me, that's not just an expression.  I know myself, and I literally won't let this pass unanswered.)    

Throughout my career, there has been one defining motivation that will always get me out of any rut:  jealousy.  When someone else succeeds, it invigorates my pride and brings my creative juices to the surface.  I remember writing plays in college specifically because someone else had written a play that was well-received.  Watching terrible actors get cast ahead of me has frequently motivated me to audition more frequently and with increased focus.  And don't get me started on Clooney

This disappointing success is no exception.

Where will the toe go?  We don't know.  But rest assured that a shallow, prideful response is brewing behind my eyes.  

I'm going to begin by investigating my draft status.  Stay tuned.

A TOE IS PART OF A FOOT
A FOOT MOVES A BODY
A BODY THE WORLD
SO MUCH RELIES ON A SESAMOID BONE
SO MUCH RELIES ON ME
I.  AM.  A.  TOE.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment