Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Seventh Omen: The T Pays Off

Somebody tell the dot-coms that the dot-com bubble burst.  Facebook, LinkedIn, Groupon.  They're all going / trying to go public.  Why, in this age of crazy markets and unpredictable economic turns?  Easy.  Now that I have a hit show, they want to be like me, and that desire has driven them to test even the deepest waters with no looking back.  

. . .

By "like me," I mean "like google." 

But wait!  This is not pure facetiousness!  Google and I are truly, intimately "linked-in."  Less than two weeks ago, I was at google's home!  How many people can say that?* 

. . .

At least 72,000. 

But wait!  I'm also part of an elite social google-club.  That's right.  I, John Michael Manship, got a personal invitation to google + . . . right after T: An MBTA Musical blew up. 

Try to tell me this is coincidence.  Tell me that google, with all of their knowledge, has no idea about T: An MBTA Musical's twelve sold-out shows.  (I know they know, because when I google "Does google know about T: An MBTA Musical's twelve sold-out shows," I get this.) 

Omen #7, ladies and gentlemen!  This train is going express to the top!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to have e-drinks with my co-writer, Melissa Carubia, who I'm sure got an invitation as well.  And with google creators Larry Page and Sergey Brin.  And Biz Stone.  And Mark Zuckerberg.

Actually, Mark Zuckerberg probably won't be there.  He's so "pre-T."

The omens so far:

1. My Zeitgeist Stage check
2. I Burned My Face
3. A Book
4. I'm on National Television!
5. I'm an inspiration to the young!
6. Prophecy!
7.The T Pays Off
8. ??
9. ??
10. ??
11. ??
12. ??
13. probably a giant check

No comments:

Post a Comment