Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ninth Omen: Like New

Well, I checked my book sales today.  Moderate?  Let's say so.  Discouraging?  Sure.  (But the reviews!  Oh those reviews!)  I was momentarily convinced that my book is just another debut novel being well-received by readers but not selling at the rate I would like.  And then I went to amazon.com and noticed this.

A "Very Good" copy of my book is available from a retailer in Florida for a mere $41.15 plus $4 shipping.  That's a whopping four times the retail price!  Used!  Very Good!  A "Like New" copy will cost you 84 cents more. 

How did my book get to Florida?  I don't know.  Maybe one of my "like"-rs went there on Spring break and needed to make a quick buck, so they sold it to "any_book" at a nice profit.  Maybe I should be offended by that.  

On the other hand, who cares!  My book is precious cargo!  And here I thought it just wasn't selling. 

Ladies, and gentlemen, this is nothing less than an omen.  The ladder climb continues.  Watch out world.

I'm used, but I feel like new.

1. My Zeitgeist Stage check
2. I Burned My Face
3. A Book
4. I'm on National Television!
5. I'm an inspiration to the young!
6. Prophecy!
7.The T Pays Off
8. OGACIHC
9. I'm An Antique
10. ??
11. ??
12. ??
13. probably a giant check

No comments:

Post a Comment