Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wednesday

Do you know what day it is? 

"Why, it's --"

Nope.  Not Christmas.  Something bigger.  Something really huge and instrumental happened a year ago today.  Did you peek?  Oh, what the hell.

It's my blog's birthday!

Yes, sir.  It was on September 28, 2010 that a 31.5-year-old me peeked ahead to the next chapter of his life and saw something he liked.  (If only I could remember how many pages are in this current chapter.  It's longer than I remember it being . . . )  In any case, I knew then what I know even more surely now:

I WILL BE FAMOUS SOON.

Yes, sir, it's right around the corner.

It's hard to imagine that a year ago, there was no animosity between me and George Clooney.  In fact, at that time, I hadn't interacted with a single celebrity, be it to flatter them, praise them, or scare them away.  I hadn't collected a single omen.  I didn't know Jack Evison. (I still don't, Jack!)  I didn't live in Chicago.

I didn't vibrate

How far I've come. 

This demands a celebration, and what better way to celebrate than to buy my blog an official internet presence!

That's right, "like"-rs.  Moving to Chicago has convinced me to do away with old-school back door deals.  You can now get to my blog via its front door, my very own professional web site!  (There are trees on it.)

Feel free to pass that link* on to anyone and everyone you know.  I didn't think this process of getting famous would take longer than a year, so I could really use some help giving it a kick in the ass . . .

While you're at it, feel free to share my other announcements from this week with everyone you know:  I'm publishing my book, and you can make some money off of it

And while you're at that, guess what else is available on my web site under the "NOVELIST" category? 

I guess you'll just have to go there to find out.

Happy birthday, dear blog
Happy birthday, dear blog
You're all about me
And you're short for "web log!"

*I should add that there is a front door leading to the front door of my web site--the much more ordinary www.jmmanship.com

No comments:

Post a Comment